Sunday, January 23, 2011

Additional information for the test Saturday, Jan 29

Hi all - the cumulative review from chapters 1-3 is a little light on story problems, and stuff about lines. I would call your attention to the chapter 2 test (pages 194-195) and the chapter 3 test (pages 302-303, omitting questions 32-34 for now).

I could come up with some other review questions, but those are as good as any I could write, I think. The test will most likely be on the hard ones - the story problems, and the difficult algebra equations, and graphing lines (so no problems like "Is 4 a solution to x + 3 = 8: instead I would ask that you solve the equation and check your work. No problems like "graph these four points...". but instead graph the line 2y = 4x - 6 and identify the horizontal intercept, the vertical intercept, and the slope of the line. Plus story problems - there will be at least one where I want to see the variable declared, some sort of equation and a solution, the answer interpreted and checked, all in lurid detail, and then a few where I leave the procedure up to you as long as you use algebra and a variable.

Good luck!

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment