Saturday, February 12, 2011

Post for February 12th

Hi all,

Today we covered section 4.5 on graphing linear inequalities, and the first three sections of chapter 5 (exponents and scientific notation). Next week we'll finish chapter 5 in the morning, and cover section 8.8 (more on functions) plus some time for review in the afternoon. I hope to get someone in to proctor course evaluations, too - I'll post later in the week when I know more.

I'd suggest working on the project this week - we can do all of it except the last question right now (we'll talk about the last stuff next week). But the deadline's February 26th, as posted on what I handed out in class.

I am also revising the blog post below to reflect what I handed out in class: the two changes I made below are that it's due Saturday Feb 26th (instead of Sunday the 27th); and we do not have to graph the line in question 4 (but you can if that helps you find the equation of the line, or just for fun).

Homework for next week:

Section 4.5: 5-14 all, 15-43 EOO, 52

Section 5.1: 7-43 EOO, 49-125 EOO

Section 5.2: 11-123 EOO, 125

Section 5.3: 13-73 all that end in 3, 81-95 odd

See you next week,

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment